Monday, January 26, 2015

Week 70

Hey Everybody!

Sorry, it's been a few weeks. Transfer calls were this morning and 

I'm being transferred to Pittsford to serve as a Zone leader with Elder 
Ryser. 

It was unexpected since I was in the middle of training Elder Bates. 
I'm excited, but we had a sweet week and taught new people and I 
was totally stoked to keep teaching them, so I'm sad about that. 

Pittsford is over by Rochester, where I've never served before. I've 
been in the Buffalo area my whole mission and I feel weird about going 
there because Buffalo is like, my home. I know it so well and I know all 
the elders really well, and now I'm going to a completely different side 
of the mission, where I don't know anyone. I know Elder Ryser is a cool 
guy though so it should be good.

This week was way sweet though. Mostly because of one wicked sweet
appointment we had. So the other elders in our district have been
teaching this family. The mom is named Stephanie and she is being
baptized in February. She was talking to her parents who live in
our area, and she was saying how this church was different from
anything she's ever felt. She asked if her parents wanted the
missionaries over, and they said yes! So we went there and we taught
them about the Restoration and it was such a good appointment. They 

will totally be able to go to Stephanie's baptism and they have all these
family connections and its going to be sweet. I won't be here to see it
all happen though.


We got a few other new investigators this week, and we have some sweet
teaching appointments set up for this week that I was really excited
about. This areas teaching pool is growing and I'm excited to hear what
happens with the people we are working with. 


I'm sure I'll have a lot to say next week in my new area, and I will have 
pictures! I didn't get around to it this week because we didn't go to the 
library, but hopefully next week I can get those sent! 

OK, gotta get running, cya!
Love Elder Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment