Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Week 17 & 18

Hello,

Well I didn't write an email last week so I guess I have to cover a couple weeks. I think that nothing too big happened 2 weeks ago. Chuck did say he would be baptized though when we invited him, so that's sweet. We're going to try to see him more often so that we can speed up his growth because we have only been seeing him once a week. This past week was pretty crazy though, with all the Christmas festivities going on. 
 
On Monday last week we were driving to a dinner appointment and we pulled up to an accident, and it was actually the other elders in our district. they were going to an appointment the same direction and we pulled up like 30 seconds after their accident. Apparently there was a tractor that was driving on the road that didn't  have any lights on, except a tiny white light at the top that can barely be seen, and they just rammed into the back of it going around 55mph. The kid driving the tractor was completely fine, and the elders didn't have any injuries at all, but the truck was wayyyyy totaled. We hung around till everything was cleared up so that we could give them a ride, and it took almost 2 hours for everything to be sorted out. That was pretty crazy.
 
The next day was the Christmas Eve mission party, so we all drove up to Rochester for that and that was awesome. We got to hang out pretty much all day and there was a talent show and stuff. It was pretty fun. We also were given a brand new 2014 Chevy Silverado while we were there, so now we get to drive that around. It's pretty awesome. Then the next day was Christmas! We got to go to a few members houses and we also got to skype which was really nice. I appreciate all the packages and stuff too! I have sooooo much candy though, and I don't want it to go to waste so I've just decided that once a day one of my meals will just be candy. So far that's been horrible and I just feel fat and gross.
 
Thursday through Sunday were just normal days. On Saturday we went to the Myers, the people that have the goats and stuff, and we helped them clean out their chicken coup. I'm not going to lie, that was straight up disgusting. Chicken crap is the worst smelling thing I have ever encountered. I was trying to breath through my mouth the whole time, but sometimes I would accidently breathe through my nose and I would almost throw up. At least I know how to clean a coup now, I'm sure that's a skill I can utilize later in life. Anyway we're supposed to have a big storm this week and I am not looking forward to it. Enjoy the 80 degree weather you Californians. Alright bye!
 
Love, Elder Holt 

No comments:

Post a Comment