Monday, June 30, 2014

Week 43

O Swa! (that's how you say 'what's up' in Caren)

So Peh Reh and Lu Dee were baptized yesterday! It was awesome. I'll try to explain their family situation so I can explain the baptism. This might get really confusing. Here we go! So Deh Reh and Seh Meh are Peh Reh's parents. Deh Reh was baptized a few years ago, and Seh Meh was baptized a couple months ago. Peh Reh is married to Lu Dee. Peh Reh also has a little sister named Lu Meh who is also baptized.
We wanted to make the program special for them, so we asked Seh Meh and Lu Meh to give talks in their own language, they are both extremely shy, so we just asked them to give testimonies, so they did that and that was cool. Deh Reh said the closing prayer, and we were going to try to have the Baptismal prayer said in their own language but that would have been getting a little too crazy. Anyway, it was a good program and the baptism went well. It seems like the ward is pretty excited about it.
I don't have a lot of time and that was the main thing that happened this week that I wanted to tell you guys. Oh, and transfer calls were last night. My companion is being transfered. I was only with him one transfer so we weren't expecting it. Ok, I've got to attach this picture and get running!
Love Elder Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment